Thursday, March 13, 2008

Paid Caricature

I was invited to a quadruple birthday celebration at Parque España last March 8. As a gift I decided to create a caricature for the other two celebrants (Herbie and Zah) with dedication from their friends. I was not able to give it to them though on that day because the presents are not yet complete.

At the gym (Monday, March 10, 2008), I asked the friends of the two to sign. Someone said it was a nice gift, and also asked me if how much will it cost for a caricature. I was thinking to myself that this will be a good opportunity for a side line. So, I told them, 200 pesos for the caricature. I thought it was a fair price but the gal who asked me said that it was cheap and that I should charge higher.

Not through asking people to sign. One guy asked me the same question of a paid caricature. This time I said 300. For a start I guess its fair. He said he might ask me to do some caricatures for him. I don't want to count unhatched eggs but I was excited for that day to come.

The same day, Jhay R, a gym buddy, asked me to make a caricature for a girl. This time I know I need to have the confidence with my talent and accept the project. He asked for my email address for him to invite me at friendster and look for the picture of her.



So here it is . My very first paid caricature. Although, I think I still need practice but compared to my skill before when caricature is concerned, I know I've improved.


2 comments:

marla said...

it's perfect! ang galing aids!

Raphael said...

Thanks Marla but to tell you the truth it was bothering me. I guess the eyes and the eye brows are kinda wrong. XD la lang na OOC lang ciguro ako.