I know, this post is long past the deadline, and I have not written anything since the first week of May. I'm always putting myself into thinking weather I should push through to writing a book or the other goals that I'm planning to do. I guess I'm not that confident yet...
Last April 4, 5 and 6 were the dates for the eleventh Singles Encounter Weekend. It is more like a recollection or a retreat to closely describe it but it's more than just that. The weekend is the best venue for those who wishes to exercise their spirituality and to deepen the faith. Together with the rest of the Young Adults Ministry (YAM), we embark on this journey with the candidates.
Never will I spoil the activities during the encounter, for it is best for those who haven't attended not to know anything about it. It is better when your clueless, this is were the excitement is great.
For most of the graduates, just like myself, it is perhaps one of the most memorable experience. Every morning, during the encounter the entire YAM gather together to pray and sing praise songs. I always prefer to stay at the back and witness the most inspiring view I have ever seen. We were like the angels along the shore facing the sunrise, standing with our eyes closed, singing songs that inspire and just feeling the comfort of good morning. This is just one of those days when you say to yourself that it feels so good to be alive.
Every Singles Encounter, shepherds (a male and a female), as what they call it, are given to the graduates of the encounter. They say that choosing a shepherd, is done through discerning. Before the SE weekend, the servant leaders and the rest of the shepherds of each batch gather together to pray and ask God's guidance for the new appointed shepherds. If they already have the two candidates, they will find the time to talk to the two and tell them about it. The new shepherds were informed and is given the time to think about it whether to accept or reject the responsibility.
It was She-Anne Calulo and myself as the new shepherds for the Singles Encounter Batch number 11. Yes, we both said yes.

I'm afraid with my partner because she's an attorney. So, I better not piss her off. Hehe just kidding.
A proud friend of mine told me of the task and responsibility of a shepherd. She said that you must have this big amount of patience and understanding for your lambs. Even if you don't like them, you must find it in your heart to accept them for who they are. There are also rules to follow and many things to remember.
Now I'm in this job for almost a month and during this time, I got the chance to know some of my lambs, the problems and concerns that they have and the kind of person each has. It is a very diverse group.
She-Anne and I went on a date last May 17, just for us to get to know more of each other, and so that we can grow more as a team and like parents for our lambs. We talked both silly and personal topics, and in the end all we can say is that it was a very fruitful conversation between us.
Last April 4, 5 and 6 were the dates for the eleventh Singles Encounter Weekend. It is more like a recollection or a retreat to closely describe it but it's more than just that. The weekend is the best venue for those who wishes to exercise their spirituality and to deepen the faith. Together with the rest of the Young Adults Ministry (YAM), we embark on this journey with the candidates.
Never will I spoil the activities during the encounter, for it is best for those who haven't attended not to know anything about it. It is better when your clueless, this is were the excitement is great.
For most of the graduates, just like myself, it is perhaps one of the most memorable experience. Every morning, during the encounter the entire YAM gather together to pray and sing praise songs. I always prefer to stay at the back and witness the most inspiring view I have ever seen. We were like the angels along the shore facing the sunrise, standing with our eyes closed, singing songs that inspire and just feeling the comfort of good morning. This is just one of those days when you say to yourself that it feels so good to be alive.
Every Singles Encounter, shepherds (a male and a female), as what they call it, are given to the graduates of the encounter. They say that choosing a shepherd, is done through discerning. Before the SE weekend, the servant leaders and the rest of the shepherds of each batch gather together to pray and ask God's guidance for the new appointed shepherds. If they already have the two candidates, they will find the time to talk to the two and tell them about it. The new shepherds were informed and is given the time to think about it whether to accept or reject the responsibility.
It was She-Anne Calulo and myself as the new shepherds for the Singles Encounter Batch number 11. Yes, we both said yes.

I'm afraid with my partner because she's an attorney. So, I better not piss her off. Hehe just kidding.
A proud friend of mine told me of the task and responsibility of a shepherd. She said that you must have this big amount of patience and understanding for your lambs. Even if you don't like them, you must find it in your heart to accept them for who they are. There are also rules to follow and many things to remember.
Now I'm in this job for almost a month and during this time, I got the chance to know some of my lambs, the problems and concerns that they have and the kind of person each has. It is a very diverse group.
She-Anne and I went on a date last May 17, just for us to get to know more of each other, and so that we can grow more as a team and like parents for our lambs. We talked both silly and personal topics, and in the end all we can say is that it was a very fruitful conversation between us.
No comments:
Post a Comment