While a good friend of mine won a competition that she joined. Mine didn't make the cut in the competition that I've joined.
TOYOTA, as we all know, is I think one of the leading automobile makers in our country and probably in other countries as well. Here in the Philippines they hosted an event where local artist can join. To see the details, click here.
I was surprised that the consolation prize is worth 25 thousand pesos but is only given to 20 artists. All, however, will receive a certificate of participation (wonder if I could eat that... just kidding). First prize is worth 200 grand, the 2nd, 150 grand and the 3rd, 100 thousand pesos.
Had a friend whom I used to work with at ASECASIA, who told me that he joined this competition and that if I am interested to join, I still have the time to make it to the deadline. Know when he told me this? August 10, and the deadline? August 15. Anyways, the reason why I still decided to join is simply because of the money. Even if I get just the consolation prize, I know it will greatly help for the fund raising of my lambs for the grand reunion and for next year's, Single Encounter weekend 12. Where can you get an instant 25 grand now a days? My partner and I decided that if my entry did win, we will definitely not tell them. We still want the batch to bond and spend time with each other through our fund raising activities.
You know knowing about the prize made me envision a lot of things. I imagine the batch going to the beach and having fun or we had the chance to go out and eat dinner in a fancy restaurant. Haha O well.
Well, here it is, my (1 day production) entry:

Its the end of September and I never had a word from Toyota regarding the competition. Used an engine search, regarding the winners of the competition and I found this. Sad to say, my entry did not make it, even to the consolation prize. The money could really help us though but what can I do. It's not in my hands.
Looking from what I did and the entries that they showed and won. Mine does not have an impact or charisma that will entice the taste of the judges. But hh well so much for trying but one lesson learned... a day is not enough in making a good and effective poster.
TOYOTA, as we all know, is I think one of the leading automobile makers in our country and probably in other countries as well. Here in the Philippines they hosted an event where local artist can join. To see the details, click here.
I was surprised that the consolation prize is worth 25 thousand pesos but is only given to 20 artists. All, however, will receive a certificate of participation (wonder if I could eat that... just kidding). First prize is worth 200 grand, the 2nd, 150 grand and the 3rd, 100 thousand pesos.
Had a friend whom I used to work with at ASECASIA, who told me that he joined this competition and that if I am interested to join, I still have the time to make it to the deadline. Know when he told me this? August 10, and the deadline? August 15. Anyways, the reason why I still decided to join is simply because of the money. Even if I get just the consolation prize, I know it will greatly help for the fund raising of my lambs for the grand reunion and for next year's, Single Encounter weekend 12. Where can you get an instant 25 grand now a days? My partner and I decided that if my entry did win, we will definitely not tell them. We still want the batch to bond and spend time with each other through our fund raising activities.
You know knowing about the prize made me envision a lot of things. I imagine the batch going to the beach and having fun or we had the chance to go out and eat dinner in a fancy restaurant. Haha O well.
Well, here it is, my (1 day production) entry:

Its the end of September and I never had a word from Toyota regarding the competition. Used an engine search, regarding the winners of the competition and I found this. Sad to say, my entry did not make it, even to the consolation prize. The money could really help us though but what can I do. It's not in my hands.
Looking from what I did and the entries that they showed and won. Mine does not have an impact or charisma that will entice the taste of the judges. But hh well so much for trying but one lesson learned... a day is not enough in making a good and effective poster.
No comments:
Post a Comment