Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toy

I have a pet at home, his name is Toy, and he is a chicken. He's more than 45 days old and he is one of a kind.

It was last August of 2008, my mom bought two small chicks for 20 pesos. I decided to name the two. The name of the girl would be Pi and the guy I named Toy. Unfortunately the girl died, eaten by this huge cat that roams around our backyard.

When Toy was growing up, I would always pat his head and would talk to him (I always do this on all of my pets) on how cute he was. He would respond by just standing still. During lunch time, I remember, he would strike my feet with his beak, and I would run and he would chase me. My aunt, who also took care of Toy, said, that it was his way of expressing that he is hungry.

Toy grew old. And as you can see, a very fine chicken he is. Sometimes in the morning, I would use my feet and try to kick but not hit him and just like in other cock fights, he would do his fighting stance, his feathers on his neck would stand up and he would hit my feet with its beak. Toy is a strong fighter but we definitely will not use him in tournaments.

We see Toy as a very unique and special chicken as he amaze us with his attitude and skills. We decided not to cook him on Christmas XD. We will keep him and treat him as what we do on all our pets.

1 comment:

marla said...

hay nako aids...ang cute cute mo talaga! hehehe! buti naman at hindi niyo kakainin sa christmas no!