Monday, January 7, 2008

The Bloginner (Part III)

So part three it is. We'll I did introduce my title and stuff, so now let me tell you about the man behind 'Doppelganger' (naks)

Yeah I'm an artist, a Multimedia Arts graduate. Print designs, animation and other media stuff are my craft. If I could just live the whole day making artworks would be nice. On a personal level, I enjoy the time conceptualizing and creating presentations. Spending hours of non-stop creative thinking, sketching and mouse clicking. It is different on a professional level though. I struggle instead of enjoying it but of course not most of the time.

So, what inspires me? Here are some of the things that puts me into drawing.

(These are images taken from deviantart...sad to say it is not mine... but hopefully, someday, my artistry will reach this kind of level)

(I) Wizards and Sorcerers. It is their magic that makes me want to stand up in awe and excitement. It is their wisdom, their god-like voice and tranquil posture that makes them 'astig'. Every time I witness wizards, take Lord of The Rings for example, I imagine taking their place, chanting destructive spells and sealing protective wards.

Although you can't be like one in real life but there are things that you can actually do wizard-like. Writing and reading poems are good examples. I am not inclined to writing but because of my fascination and inspiration with wizards, I dedicated some of my precious time engaging in poetry. I used to read the readings during masses, which for me feels like reading spells. Cooking is like creating potions and antidotes.

(Again, images taken from deviantart)

(I) Ninjas and assassins. Truth be told I am a ninja wanna be (poor me, forever dreaming to be like one). If there is a school for those willing to study the art of ninjutsu, I might find myself part of that institution but unfortunately no such thing existed here in my country. I idolize them in so many ways and this resulted to my enthusiasm for sports and an active lifestyle.

I was part of the track and field varsity team during my college years. I enjoy running sprints and long distance run, and until now I still spend time running and exercising and will never get tired doing it. In a fitness club I always attend combat and yoga classes.

(Images taken from deviantart)

(III) Archangels. I rarely talk about my fascination with the heavenly beings. Imagine the massive army of God descending from heaven, all armored and wrapped in bright radiant light. Picture the final battle between good and evil, the hordes of demons rising from the darkness... now that my dear friend is one hell of a setting.

Perhaps my likeness for archangels is best associated to my spirituality. What is physical strength if the spirit is frail? Would you rather consider something temporary as important rather than what is everlasting? Prayer and moments of meditation brings you closer to the highest authority and keeps your soul healthy.

You see it is not just in drawings that my state of being inspired with these beings is channeled but also through the way I live. It has helped me achieve a certain degree of discipline and somehow improves my lifestyle.

No comments: